Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nature, The BEST Gym!


Saturday always starts with my GRIT class followed by either Yoga or Body Pump...always. I am very anal about my gym time. Sometimes too anal. It is my release, and keeps me happy and healthy. Dan has been taking Caleb to his ski lessons on Saturday morning which has been so helpful. He has been trying to talk me into going up with them, but the thought of chasing around a toddler in the snow for 2 hours and missing my workout did not sound fun.

Last Saturday morning he finally convinced me to skip out on the gym and head up the mountain. There was only one requirement, that we bring the snow shoes! If I would have thought about it before, we would have been doing it EVERY week!

It. was. AWESOME! It was breathtakingly gorgeous, and Codi had a blast! I carried Codi so I could get a good workout, and LOVED having that little chatter box on my back. She is a character. The entire hike we only heard happy sounds from the little lovey. She loved it. Not to mention our Gracie was in absolute Heaven.

I needed that time in nature. It is part of who I am. Since having children and Dan being so busy, I have gotten in a routine that works. Breaking out of my routine can be hard because I am so single focused at times. It was exactly what I needed. Nature is the best gym. You better believe we are going to take advantage of Caleb's last ski lesson on Saturday! Me, Dan, and my lovely lady are going snowshoeing!


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's SOOO awesome! Such cute pictures! I feel the same way, sometimes I'm so crazy about going to the gym, but when I go outside with my kids, it's even better! Zaylin and Lennix would be so jealous of your snow! We went last week and it was pathetic. Adorable pictures!

Ashlee Merback said...

LOVE those pics. So beautiful. Make me jealous as I sit in Vegas in our 70+ degree weather dreaming of skiing...

Jill H. said...

Looks amazing!! We need to do that, too!!!